Working in the same posture or sitting for long periods of time can be hard on the body, and is generally unhealthy. This can cause “tightness” in the anterior muscles of the body and lengthening of the posterior muscles, resulting is a progressive slouch posture. Try changing your working position throughout the day using these helpful tips:
- Make needed adjustments to your chair for back support.
- Stretch different parts of your body throughout the day.
- Take a quick break and go for a walk for a few minutes every day.
- Stand up during meetings or conference calls.
5. Set a timer every 30-60 minutes to stand up and move your body.
For additional health and wellness information, contact a CORE Wellness Coach at (800) 932-0034 or email us!