How to Overcome Holiday Triggers

Maintaining or losing weight is tough enough without the temptation of holiday indulgences! Prepare to overcome holiday triggers by asking yourself the following questions and assessing how you can change unhealthy behaviors with healthier responses.

1. What prompts my unhealthy behavior?
Do family parties tend to send you into binge-mode? Does the stress of wrapping gifts cause you to seek comfort in foods high in fat, salt, or sugar?

2. How can I reprogram my response to these triggers?
At family parties, try coordinating activities that are not food related like playing board games. Replace junk food in your house with fresh fruit and vegetables or whole grain chips so that the healthy options are your first options.

3. If I slip up, what will my plan of action be?
Don’t give-up when you slip-up! Acknowledge that you had a minor slip-up and quickly jump back on track. Curb unhealthy cravings 80% of the time and use the other 20% for purely pleasurable foods.

About ACI Specialty Benefits

ACI Specialty Benefits ranks in the nation’s Top-Ten providers of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), corporate wellness programs, student assistance, corporate concierge, and work/life services to corporations worldwide. ACI partners with clients to Perk Up employee engagement and performance with benefit programs that improve morale, productivity and the bottom-line. With a 95% customer retention rate and over 7 million lives covered. ACI remains a privately-owned specialty benefits corporation, headquartered in San Diego. For more information, visit www.acispecialtybenefits.com or call 800.932.0034.
This entry was posted in All Blogs, CORE Wellness and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s