Eating right may seem costly, but a new study shows that eating the HEALTHIEST foods costs only $1.50 more per day than eating the LEAST HEALTHY food. Here’s how you can eat healthy AND keep money in the bank:
1. Find coupons online at brand websites or in your local mailer.
2. Take advantage of sales to stock up on non- or less-perishable health foods like whole grain cereals, pastas, beans, etc.
3. Avoid buying pre-packaged, pre-portioned foods.
– Buy loose produce and wash and prepare it yourself.
– Buy dry goods like grains, nuts, and beans from the bulk bins
4. Visit your local farmer’s market. In-season, local produce is healthier, tastier, and generally less expensive than grocery store options.
5. Save money and eat healthier by packing your own lunch to school or work.
6. Go meatless! Make at least one meal a week meatless to cut heart disease risk and save money.
Be sure to check out our YouTube Video on the CORE site for more tips on eating healthy on a budget!