What you eat after your work out has a lot to do with the results that you see! To make your fitness routine effective, you want to eat a snack that contains about 20 grams of
protein within an hour of completing your workout. After exercise, the body begins the process of recovery and prep for the next activity which is primetime for protein synthesis!
Try some of these post work out snacks in combination with 8-12 ounces of water.
- Peanut Butter & Banana on Brown Rice Cakes- Great combination of protein and carbohydrates to regain energy quickly
- Hummus & Whole Wheat Pita Bread- This snack helps keep you energized
- Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt & Fresh Berries- Greek yogurt is high in protein which can help build muscle
- Tuna on Whole Wheat- Try a ½ sandwich, which makes for a great mini-meal that’s easy to make and carry
- Turkey & Cheese with Apple Slices- Roll your turkey and cheese together to create a fun roll-up