Benefits of Quitting:
- 20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure drop.
- 3 weeks after quitting: Your physical symptoms of nicotine addiction end.
- 1 to 9 months after quitting: Your coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
- Within 5 years of quitting: Your chance for cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus and bladder is cut in half.
- 10 years after quitting: Your risk of dying from lung cancer drops by half.
Resources to Help You Quit:
- For support to help you quit, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).