Why should people get vaccinated?
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes death. Even
healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances that you will get the seasonal flu.
Who should get vaccinated?
- Everyone at least 6 months of age
- People who have asthma, diabetes and chronic lung disease
- Pregnant women
- People 65 years and older
Who should not be vaccinated?
These individuals should consult a physician before being vaccinated:
- People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs
- People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination
- Children younger than 6 months of age
- People who have a moderate-to-severe illness with a fever
For more information about the safety of flu vaccines please visit www.cdc.org.