1. Mind the Speed Limits – speed limits can change dramatically without anything more than a small sign, so keep an eye out for speed signs!
2. Never Drive Impaired, That Means ST&D! – drive sober, no arguments or excuses. Also, Stop Texting and Drive (ST&D)! Visit Distraction.gov to find out the state bans regarding cell phones and other possibly distracting devices.
3. Slip Carefully into Oversized Vehicles – get comfy in your RV for a relaxing trip. But first, visit RVSafely.com to learn the RV laws by state.
4. Know the Human-Powered Vehicle Rules – biking has become very popular! Learn the laws of biking safely at BikeLeague.org. Also, make sure the kids wear helmets, it’s the law in most states!
5. Watch Out for the Little Guys – watch out for “vulnerable road users” such as cyclists, skateboarders, motorcyclists, tractors, horse-drawn carriages, motorized scooters and more!
6. Get a Chauffeur – if getting behind the wheel isn’t your thing, visit fmcsa.gov for help finding a safe bus company. Prefer to travel the rail? Review the baggage and personal ID policies at Amtrak.com.
Need more travel tips? ACI Specialty Benefits can help at 800.932.0034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.