- Cook with lean meats like 93-percent ground beef, lean ground turkey or chicken.
- Limit processed meats like hot dogs, bacon or deli meats, which contain a lot of fat. Substitute smoked turkey for bacon in recipes.
- Go “skinless” on poultry and trim all visible, solid fat from meat. Drain fat from ground-meat crumbles.
- Brown meat, poultry and seafood in a nonstick pan with cooking spray or small amounts of oil.
- Marinade meat, poultry and seafood with marinades containing little-to-no fat.
- Grill, broil or roast meat and poultry on a rack so fat drips off.For more healthy BBQ tips, check out ACI’s newest YouTube video on healthy BBQ’s.