- Vitamin E: Found in naturally fat-rich plant foods like oils, nuts, and seeds.
- Iron: Include a few servings of lean animal protein per day. The redder a meat, the more iron it contains. Beef and clams are richer sources than chicken or pork.
- Potassium: Top potassium picks include baked potatoes, white beans, and tomato sauce. Potassium helps muscles contract. It also regulates fluid and mineral balance when you sweat.
- Zinc: A half cup of wheat germ or a cup of vegetarian baked beans provide a half day’s supply of zinc. Zinc helps regulate metabolism.
- Magnesium: Halibut, all-bran cereal, cooked spinach, and black beans are good sources of magnesium. Magnesium is essential for energy production and muscle function.