- Hang with Happy People and Laugh a Lot: Being near a positive person is enough to induce a smile. Happiness is contagious, so catch it by regularly joining up with cheerful friends. Laughter may also reduce blood pressure, decrease stress hormones and increase endorphins.
- Stop Stress: Savor the scent of an orange and feel instantly relaxed. Citrus fruit contains a compound whose odor has been shown to lower stress levels.
- Bring the Outdoors In: Nothing energizes like nature. Hang a large wall mirror opposite a window and expand the view of sky, grass and trees. Sunshine is the quickest get-happy solution. Stepping out to enjoy it increases levels of vitamin D, which may help fight depression.
- Lend an Ear: For a quick hit of energy, massage from the lobes to the tops of the ears for 30 seconds. Doing so can affect different parts of the body and increase energy.
- Breathe Energy In: Simply inhale and exhale rapidly through the nose to feel refreshed, renewed and ready to tackle the next item on a to-do list.
Originally posted by http://www.fitnessmagazine.com.